Wednesday, February 21, 2018

A Journey with You - GDP126


It's true.  The journeys in this life are much better with my husband alongside.  I decided to take the Cozy Cottage Hostess Set and make a special card for my husband.

We're on a new journey this week.  We received a diagnosis for our youngest son that has forever changed our daily lives, but we are truly blessed that it's nothing worse.  Our hearts are hurting - life isn't always fair, but he'll be okay.  We firmly believe that The Lord has a plan for us, and fully trust Him and His ways.

That being said... I wanted to make my husband a card to let him know how much I love him and how grateful I am that he's the one to care for our son.  All that mushy stuff...

I decided to play along with the Global Design Project sketch this week.  I like the sketch enough that I might be playing twice.  This time I put a little twist on the sketch.  I think it's close enough! :)

Instead of an oval, I decided to frame this cute little cottage on a larger rectangle.  I used Shimmery White Cardstock and an Aqua Painter for the watercoloring.  The sentiment was made by mixing two of the sentiments from the stamp set.


For the corners, I wanted to add some stamped images like the "hearts" on the sketch.  I used the Eclectic Expressions stamp set that you can earn FREE with a $50 purchase now through the end of March.



Thank you so much for stopping by... I know it's been awhile.  I promise, once we are in a routine, I'll be back to blogging (and stamping) more often!

Blessings,

Holly



No comments:

Post a Comment