Sunday, December 3, 2017

A Dino-rrific 7th Birthday!

Yesterday our oldest went to his classmate's birthday party and I wanted to share the card I made for him.  I love making a card with someone in mind - I think it makes it even more special.  I had a lot of fun making this one!


I knew I wanted to do a number card with the "th" from the Happy Birthday Thinlit.  I saw this similar card made by Teneale Williams and I thought it was so clever!  (That woman right there is one amazing card maker!)  I decided to color the Silver Glimmer Paper with the Pool Party Dark Stampin' Blends marker because I couldn't decide on the silver to go with the Smoky Slate, or gold to go with the Crushed Curry - and I think the Pool Party was great after all.


The background was made using the large splatter stamp from Timeless Textures, an Aqua Painter  with Tangerine Tango ink and some smoky slate dinosaur skeletons from the No Bones About It stamp set.


I stamped the happy birthday sentiment from Five for All and added some frayed edges with my scissors around the edges of the rectangle.  Finished off with some Pear Pizzazz Enamel Shapes.


The inside has the same 2 splatters and the cute little sentiment from the dinosaur set.


Pretty cute, huh?  Next Saturday we have another kid birthday party to attend and I'm hoping to share a card using a new (soon to be released) stamp set that's great for the kiddos!

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Blessings,
-Holly



No comments:

Post a Comment